Your contribution will enable us to continue to support students most in need.


Switzer Learning Center is a 501(c)(3) California nonprofit organization that depends on generous contributions and grants from individuals, foundations and businesses.

To meet our growing and diverse financial needs, the administrative staff and Board of Trustees spearhead the Center’s fundraising efforts. Our nonpublic school and counseling services are partially funded by contracts with local school districts. Unfortunately, contracted services only cover about 70% of the direct costs incurred by the center. The remaining 30% must be raised through corporate donations, foundation grants, individual contributions, and annual fundraising events.

Our students directly benefit from your generosity whenever you: attend or sponsor fundraising events; sponsor a student scholarship; make an in-kind donation; monetary contributions; donate stock or other investments; or establish a planned gift in your estate plan.

Call or email us today to schedule a consultation with our Advancement team at development@switzercenter.org. Our team would love to learn more about your philanthropic plans in making a lasting difference in our community.

Make A Contribution

Switzer Learning Center welcomes your contributions to support our mission in serving special-needs children, teens, and young adults. We are grateful for the chance to learn more about our donors' intent and become partners in building a better society. Your contributions are tax deductible to the full extent of the law. A formal letter recognizing your contribution will be sent to you promptly for tax purposes.

In addition to cash donations and grants, we also accept:

Tribute gifts are an excellent way to honor or memorialize someone special. Recognize a loved one or friend on a birthday, anniversary, holiday, or a day special to that individual. Switzer Learning Center recognizes tribute gifts by sending a letter to the honoree or their representative and in regular communications with donors and constituents.

Bequests and planned gifts are an excellent way to make a lasting difference long after you have departed. Without a will, your interests and the interests of the charities you support will not be honored. If you would like a referral to a licensed estate planner, contact us at 310-328-3611 x332 for the names of attorneys and estate planning experts who have worked with Switzer Learning Center in the past.

Stock, IRA, or investment transfers to Switzer Learning Center may be a way of contributing to the Center without impacting your cash on hand. Contact us at 310-328-3611 x332 for a referral to a wealth planner who can assist you with a transfer of stock to the Center.

Scholarships for graduates are a way of making a directed gift to the Center’s graduating seniors. Scholarship contributions support Switzer Learning Center graduates in continuing their educational pursuits.

Event Sponsorships are a unique way of supporting Switzer Learning Center. Contact our development team at 310-328-3611 x332 to discuss your interest in sponsoring an event and learn about the VIP packages available to you.

Volunteer Give the gift of time by volunteering at Switzer Learning Center. Contact our development team at 310-328-3611 x332 to discuss your interest in volunteering and sharing your time on our campus. 

We can help!

Contact us for assistance with planning your contribution to Switzer Learning Center